Getting started with Kettle
Since I realized that for some people, simple and easy can never be simple and easy enough I created 8 mini-flash demos :
- Create a new transformation – create a step (flash demo, 0’20″)
- Create a hop between 2 steps (flash demo, 0’20″)
- Create a database connection (flash demo, 0’45″)
- Read a CSV file (flash demo, 1 minute 0’20″)
- Write to a database table (flash demo, 1’00″)
- Name and describe a transformation (flash demo, 0’40″)
- Execute a transformation (flash demo, 1’20″)
- Debug a transformation (flash demo, 1’00″)
The idea is that you get an idea of how things work in under 10 minutes.
Let me know what all y’all think. If there are videos/flash demos you like to share, please please feel free to let me know!
Until next time,